Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's go to Church!




If you are going to see the sites of old town Quito (Ecuador) you will undoubtedly be looking at Churches. I don’t think it’s too much of an understatement to say the Churches here in Quito are rather ornate.

You may be the sort that prefers your alter wrapped in gold leaf, If so, this is the place for you. I visited 3 of the larger Churches and only got away with taking pictures in one but the one I did get photos of will give you at taste of how the houses of worship are done in this part of the world.


The rest of old town is pretty hilly with narrow streets typical of colonial architecture. It is a vibrant place bustling with activity. Some might say it has a certain charm. I say get me one of those 2 wheeled segway scooters to run around on and then I may notice the “charm”. Walking for most of the day at around 9000 feet altitude on hilly ground has the tendency to suck any high fluting fancy ideas regarding the appeal of any given place right out of me.

Here are some pictures:
















No comments:

Post a Comment